• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NGK Plugs Frome the dealer?

Shifty

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I just purchased six plugs from the dealer and when I opened the box I found NGK plugs. I thought dealer plugs were Champions? Anyway should I take them back and go get some plugs from Champion Copper Plus from Canadian Tire?

If it was me, I'd keep the NGK's, they're a better quality plug.

$.02

Rob

Try them out, let us know how they work :D Could be they were out of champions and sub'd NGK's.

Shifty said:
Hi I just purchased six plugs from the dealer and when I opened the box I found NGK plugs. I thought dealer plugs were Champions? Anyway should I take them back and go get some plugs from Champion Copper Plus from Canadian Tire?

My dealer sells Champion truck plugs. I go to Advance Auto and special order the NGKs -- they run better and last longer than Champs.

Hi guys,just some info.I work at a JEEP dealer so you can trust me on this. Chrysler has switched spark plug suppliers from Champion to NGK. Just thought I'd let yall know.

xjspyder said:
Hi guys,just some info.I work at a JEEP dealer so you can trust me on this. Chrysler has switched spark plug suppliers from Champion to NGK. Just thought I'd let yall know.

Yeah, he is right. All the new Jeeps are coming out with NGK plugs. Some dealers are installing/selling them to the older vehicles too. Personally, I think that Champion plugs run the best in 4.0ls and would not run anything else. I regularly see problems with other brands and recommend customers to switch over to the Champions before doing any other running problem repairs. It usually fixes their problem too. Only time will tell if the NGK can perform as well.

Bryan

I've installed a MSD 6T ignition as well as blaster coil on my XJ. I've been running a .050 gap and I eat through the regular champion plugs like no tomorrow. I did just find out that Champion makes a platinum plug for around $2 each. I just purchased these last night and I'm going to put them in this weekend. Unlike some of the other low cost platinum plugs, it's not a platinum bead on the end of the electrode. I like the ability to run a larger gap and some of the other platinum come pre-gapped and you can't change it. Hopefully these will last longer.

Back