• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skid plates for 92'

Diablito

NAXJA Forum User
I need some skid plates for a 92' lorado. Iam new to XJs, but with my YJ the 2 most imortant skids were the tranny/tcase and the gas tank. What are the areas of the XJ that are in most need of skids? Can I take skid plates off an upcountry model and fit them on? Any recomendations as far as brands to use? Also this XJ already has rocker protection and aftermarket bumpers.

SkidRow makes some really nice gas tank skids (I have one), I would recomend you get on of those. Also check out www.DPGoffroad.com they have a new T-case skid plate that just plain out kicks ass.

Thanks for the recomendations. I really liked the DPG tcase skid, I'm a little bummed that I have to call for pricinf though. Does anyone know if skids from an upcountry edition XJ will fit on a Loredo?

Skids from '84 - '96 will fit, any of the trim packages. I'm not sure though if the gas tank skid from an '84 - '86 will fit later models though. You have to watch out with the TC skid, aparently Mopar used a different one for the 242 than the 231, not sure about the 207 and whatnot (again, '84 - '86).

The Mopar tank skid is good enough for me, cheaper too! As for TC, the Mopar one works, but some feel it leaves a littel something to be desired. In a perfect world I'd have a good TC skid and a good transmission skid (I have the Mopar TC skid and nothing over the trans.).

Sequoia

Diablito said:
Thanks for the recomendations. I really liked the DPG tcase skid, I'm a little bummed that I have to call for pricinf though. Does anyone know if skids from an upcountry edition XJ will fit on a Loredo?
I use and recommend Cherokee Nation skid plates. He's a member here and he may still have his skid sale going on.

Diablito said:

They are $179.00 and should be ready for shipping by Monday, May 3, if not by the end of next week. http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/tortoise_skids.htm

Back