• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'96 seats in '90?

XJSpencer

NAXJA Member #1400
I saw some real nice seats in a '96 today. Will they fit in a '90?

It isn't just the bolt spacing -- the newer floor pan is a different configuration. Only way it would work is if the new seats can be bolted onto the old pedestals, and I don't know of anyone who has done that. I'm not saying it won't work, but I can't say that it will.

Would that work? Anyone?

An after market seat company has brackets listed 84 - 96 and 97 up. Are you sure it changed in 95? It will screw up my plans if the change was in 95. Thanks for confirming this.

Cactus Jack said:
An after market seat company has brackets listed 84 - 96 and 97 up. Are you sure it changed in 95? It will screw up my plans if the change was in 95. Thanks for confirming this.

I know the change was before '97. 99% certain it was '95.

Eagle said:
I know the change was before '97. 99% certain it was '95.

You can add that last percent. My 95 has the later seats, along with the Chrysler steering column. Unfortunately. I much prefer the old ones, and if I ever find a good set of the right color I just might retro-fit mine.

Matthew Currie said:
You can add that last percent. My 95 has the later seats, along with the Chrysler steering column. Unfortunately. I much prefer the old ones, and if I ever find a good set of the right color I just might retro-fit mine.

What color do you need?

Back