• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Tow Hook Brackets?

jeepguy97

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna be putting on a set of Mopar tow hook brackets this weekend in prep for Paragon and was wondering if anyone who has a set of the Mopar ones could hook me up with a parts list, I don't have any of the bolts that go with them or there sizes or directions for putting them on so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

bzdel2441 said:
dont they just screw into the bumper mounts, using the bumper bolts?

I think there are some extra bolts. At least the ones I have go pretty far back onto the frame rail. I'm in somewhat the same boat as Jeepguy, having bought a set from the junkyard. The bolts were rusty so they just torched most of them off. I figure I'll just take the bumper off, put the brackets on and wherever I find a set of holes that line up I'll put in a bolt.

bzdel2441 said:
dont they just screw into the bumper mounts, using the bumper bolts?

No. They use more bolts than the stock bumper mounts.

jeepguy97 said:
if i remove the bumper do i have to worry about setting off the air bags?
No.
It takes more than removing the bumper.There is no sensor in your bumper only the vac blimp on the pass side.
Wayne

Back