• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hotel Recommendations

IntrepidXJ

NAXJA Member #647
OK you local guys, gonna have my sister with me on this trip, so I will not be camping this time around. (Besides, I need to actually get some sleep on this trip)

Anyways, anybody got any good suggestions for a decent priced hotel that is pretty close to the NAXJA happenings at NAC Fest?

Give me your suggestions so that I can get my reservations set :)

Thanks in advance!

IntrepidXJ said:
. . . . Anyways, anybody got any good suggestions for a decent priced hotel that is pretty close to the NAXJA happenings at NAC Fest?

Not sure about the pricing, and Hazleton isn't exactly a tourist mecca with a lot of choice (somewhere between Attica and Danville in appeal), but here they are:

http://www.paragonap.com/p_lodging.htm

I've seen (but not stayed in)most of these, the ones on Rt. 93 are the closest (about 10-15 min to the park), and I've heard that the Fairfield Inn is pretty nice and has been known to give discounts to Paragon attendees (as well as some others, it doesn't hurt to ask). Note that the Hampton Inn is right on the I81 exit - if noise bothers you!

Another problem - the Pocono 500 is on June 13 about 30 miles further east -get your reservation in soon - ahead of the NASCAR crowd that won't be in the infield.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Last edited:
I may be but not quite sure yet still in the planning stage. I hadn't realized the race at the Ponocos was the same weekend so I may be camping out. If you are bringing 80 over from Chicago you may be able to meet up with me in PA and we can go together. What day are you going.

Oh I see I wasn't gonna leave till Sat. morning still not sure I think I may camp now though. No sense payin if I don't have to. I understand why you are getting a hotel though.

I'm doing the hotel thing, just haven't decided to get off my a$$ and call them. Should be doing that this week. Gonna go for the one closest to the park.

Back