• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Master Cylinder Mods?

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I am putting in a waggy 44 this summer, and at the same tiem changing to alloy shafts and disc brakes in teh rear. So, I will need more braking power to run all of this. What have yall done to help with this? I have read that the vette MC is an option, but it isnt exactly bolt in. I have also read teh the E350 is a possibility as well. So, curious to hear what you experts have done to help power all these brakes.
I have a 97 XJ if that needs to be known.....
Thanks in advance.
josh

I did a search on here and found mixed results. Vintage speed found no positive reults from that. Just wondering if in my 97 I have a double diaphragm booster? I dont even know, sorry.....help?
If I do, would the E350 or 250 MC be enough, or should I plan to get a new booster too?

I was reading over on JU and came across a MC mod. using a 99-01 3500Ram. And if you've got discs all around you can use the Rubicon prop. valve. Should mount up the same on ours.
Rensing
Sorry, forgot to tell you they were using them on TJs.

I'd recommend starting with the cheap and easy stuff. Pull the o-ring out of the proportioning valve and see how it works. I have disks on my rear 44 and a Waggy front, and can lock up the 38's with the stock M/C and Booster. The only mod I've done is pulled the o-ring. Maybe I just got lucky.

-Jon

When my rear 44 was converted to discs pulling the o-ring evened things out such that it simply squats and stops when you hit the pedal, no dive or anything.

Back