• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What the best longarm?

giranger

NAXJA Forum User
Just what it says. I've heard alot with RockKrawler. RE doesnt have their kit available yet. Any other takers. Just need the UCA and LCA and mounting brackets. RK are $475 Thanks Jeff CamoXJ

I've heard lots of bad things about RockKrawler. Clayton's has a very good reputation and Full Traction has a kit that seems sweet but not many people run it yet so it's hard to get first-hand feedback on it.

Hey Jeff, bring it over and we'll build you a set,

Theon, its for by brother mike and needs it by this weekend or next weekend if possible. Also for everyone else it for an XJ with 10" lift. How much do claytons UCA, LCA and brackets run?

What if we run Claytons but still want to run a 1" tranny drop. Still running stock drive shaft with minimum vibs at 75-80mph. He has a 10" lift 91 XJ. How would you incorporate a drop? Anyone done it? thanks

giranger said:
What if we run Claytons but still want to run a 1" tranny drop. Still running stock drive shaft with minimum vibs at 75-80mph. He has a 10" lift 91 XJ. How would you incorporate a drop? Anyone done it? thanks

Going to sound like a dick, but oh well. If you can fund a 10" lift and 35"+ tires and wheels, theres no excuse for not investing in a SYE. I wouldn't run a 4" lift without a SYE, vibes or no vibes, let alone a 10".

giranger said:

When I bought my kit from Clayton, he asked me if I wanted a built in 1" drop to the new crossmember. I already had the SYE so it was a no brainer to go with a standard crossmember. I would suggest that you just bite the bullet and invest in a SYE. If not, buy the dropped version and maybe he can build you a regular crossmember once you get the SYE installed.

Bryan

Were are already looking at SYE but what kit is the best and who has the cheapest? How hard is it to replace the shaft for the SYE in the TC? He has the money just looking at options right now. He wants to build his up right this time and get rid of the crap he has (heinz 57 lift). Thanks for all the replies. Jeff CamoXJ

Back