• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Take $$, or trade axles?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Ok, I am in a jam and I'll try to keep it short.

I have a built HP D44 that will bolt right into a YJ (SOA) I am looking to get $1k for it. I originally wanted it to put in my DD 2000 XJ along with my HP 9", but I have decided to sell/ trade the D44. Mainly because it has cast radius arm mountsand all the fabing and time I just don't have especially on a Jeep I drive 300 miles a week. (I am not sure what I'm doing with the rear 9") Anyways I said I'll take $1k or trade for a built HP D30.

I have a completely stock LP D30 and 8.25 under my XJ. I am getting ready to add 33s or probably 35s to it. Anyways I have a guy with this axle setup that he will trade me even for theHP D44:

YJ HP D30
- Warn hubs
- Superior TJ shafts
- CTMs
- ARB air locker
- 4.56s
- Crane diff cover

Axle has 4k on it with all the stuff. Only problem is I still will have to get a HP XJ housing and swap all the stuff over which makes it alot harder decision. On the other hand I have a guy willing to pay me $1200 shipped for the axle. I also have another person wanting both axles for $2000 + shipping.

Now I really do plan on pushing my Jeep to its limits and this thing will get wheeled hard, so I actually will be using everything on that D30, and I sure as heck couldn't buy all that stuff for $1000.

What would you do if you were me? Trade or sell?

I think you need to start over, I very confused on this whole deal.

All I got was DD 2000 XJ, 300 miles a week. 33 or 35 " tires.

Teh HP D44 and 9 sound good for what your trying to do, at least what I could pick out. OEM junk really is not suitable for 35's, since you have a LP D30.

As far as the cast radius mounts, some have been able to make them work really well, for both onroad and offroad.

if i were you i would trade, but it iall depends on what you mean by "my jeep will get wheeled hard". will you wheel it hard enough to need a d60 up there or hard enough that the built 30 would handle what you throw at it? everyones definition of wheeling hard is different

If you don't want to deal with the cast mount, sell it, buy a HP44 from an old Ford that is the style you want, and use the money to build it just like you want it.

ChuckD said:
I think you need to start over, I very confused on this whole deal.

All I got was DD 2000 XJ, 300 miles a week. 33 or 35 " tires.

Teh HP D44 and 9 sound good for what your trying to do, at least what I could pick out. OEM junk really is not suitable for 35's, since you have a LP D30.

As far as the cast radius mounts, some have been able to make them work really well, for both onroad and offroad.

LOL!

OK, got a HP D44 forsale.

Its forsale for $1k or trade for built HP D30. I didn't realize that in just one day I would have about 5 $$$ offers and two axle trade offers.

My best trade offer so far is the built D30 I mentined above.

Last edited:
cherokeepimpin said:
if i were you i would trade, but it iall depends on what you mean by "my jeep will get wheeled hard". will you wheel it hard enough to need a d60 up there or hard enough that the built 30 would handle what you throw at it? everyones definition of wheeling hard is different

I mean wheel hard enough to need the CTMs, alloy shafts, and an ARB locker. Also I am probably going with a 285/75/16 which is what a 33x11.2? on 5" of lift (cut fenders). I really wanted 35s, but I just got asnother step to look forward to later on, plus my gas mileage will be a little better with the 285s.

go front with front leafs and be done :D

basalt51 said:
go front with front leafs and be done :D

LOL, yeah you and FarmerMatt can come over and will have everything swapped and done in a weekend right? :cheers:

Thats the whole thing. I am on 31s right now and if I go to F/R lockers w/ 33s thats a big jump, especially a DD.

Going to FW axles and say 37s is just too big a project for me right now. If I had another $2-3k and another vehicle I would be all over it. I did pay $500 for each axle so its not like I am coming out bad. :jester:

Back