• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arms

family XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Will the stock control arms from a TJ work on an XJ? also does anyone run Poly bushings in their stock arms. I was gonna just try and put poly in the arms instead of rubber but I have read they are hard to put in without a compressor. Thanks DuG

I'm pretty sure you can use the stock TJones, but why? As for your other question, I don't have poly in this ride but last time I installed them they were a grease-and-drop-in replacement.

I don't know about the TJ arms ... but I've had poly bushings in my stock arms for about 2 years. They were easy to install but they do make it easier to hear road noise inside your Jeep. Off road handling is improved.

Thanks for the input. I have poly in my Adjustables but I didn't know about the stock ones. As for why I ask about a set of TJ ones was If I found some really cheap then I would just replace the whole arms instead of just the bushings.

Back