• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 w/ 4-link truss and lo-pro brackets

Raacerx

NAXJA Forum User
Dunno if XJs can run these, but I need this thing sold. Ford 8.8 from late model explorer. 3.73s, LS, new rotors, 50% pads, good calipers. Has Clayton's 4-link long arm truss and his low profile bracket kit (shock mounts, control arm mounts and spring perches). Everything is flush with the bottom of the axle, bout 3" gained clearence. Over $1100 invested in everything with the welding, etc. I need $800 out of it. 510-599-0558, ask for Max. Used for about a thousand miles. Got a bunch of pics, lemme know.

Raacerx said:
Dunno if XJs can run these, but I need this thing sold. Ford 8.8 from late model explorer. 3.73s, LS, new rotors, 50% pads, good calipers. Has Clayton's 4-link long arm truss and his low profile bracket kit (shock mounts, control arm mounts and spring perches). Everything is flush with the bottom of the axle, bout 3" gained clearence. Over $1100 invested in everything with the welding, etc. I need $800 out of it. 510-599-0558, ask for Max. Used for about a thousand miles. Got a bunch of pics, lemme know.

Hey I still have this axle so if anyone is doing a 4-link coil conversion check it out. Im lowering the price to $700 and it has new rotors and new pads now as well. Ive moved on to a 9" so I dont need this. I will ship via Forward Air but im located in the Bay Area. The axle was barely used and had 35k when I got it.

Oh and it has an open differential I think, not a LS. Easier to install a locker.

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

BLKXJ33 said:
Price too high...Crate 8.8's w/ 4.10 gears and a limited slip are going for about 300-400 on ebay.

Uhh, yeah. $400 for the axle, plus $325 for the bracket kit, plus $150 for the 4-link truss, plus $300 for the welding. Thats $1175, not the $700 Im selling mine for. Plus mine is already setup and the tubes have been TIG welded. All professionally. It has a nice paintjob as well.

So I dont think the price is too high considering that.

BLKXJ33 said:
Price too high...Crate 8.8's w/ 4.10 gears and a limited slip are going for about 300-400 on ebay.

Who's selling them on ebay for that? I'm interested in putting it in my 98' zj for that price. I know a place in Oklahoma was selling them, but I think they sold all of their 400 stock on ebay already. They bought these from Ford direct after they found out that the new explorers were going with the rear independent susp.

Back