• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The first cuts

shizza-my-nizza

NAXJA Member #671
well I finaly got around to cutting into what will be my new trail rig. It is a 95 se, 4.0 HO, AW4, 231. I obviously have a lot more work to do but it felt good to make that first cut. I already have axles for it out of a 79 F250 reverse cut 44 and full float 60 now I need to make some more money so I can regear them and buy steel for the cage.

This is what it looked like when I got it.
bmb6.JPG

bmb10.JPG

After the first cuts.
cut_7.jpg

cut_1.jpg

cut_5.jpg

I am basicly cutting off most of the back and putting in a lot of tube that will then go into an exo cage on the front. I need to rip out the interior before I start cutting the rest so I don't accidentaly cut through a bunch of wiring.

shizza-my-nizza said:
I am basicly cutting off most of the back and putting in a lot of tube that will then go into an exo cage on the front. I need to rip out the interior before I start cutting the rest so I don't accidentaly cut through a bunch of wiring.

so what are you doing??? I'm having trouble visualizing this.

I got back to the jeep tonight for a little bit more sawzaw action
cut_20.jpg

cut_15.jpg

cut_16.jpg

cut_13.jpg

Still have more cutting to do but less sheetmetal is always good.

The cutting is mostly done. now I need to drop the tank so I can eliminate the whole filler assembly. Then I will plate the unirails and build a cage. The tank will be raised so I can have a flat bottom skid between the unirails.
cut_26.jpg

cut_25.jpg

cut_31.jpg

cut_29.jpg

I'll chop mine if (when) I roll it.

Looks good, keep it up.

Back