• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ flares and Paint finally done!

Chilly

NAXJA Forum User
Here it is!!

Nikki and I finished painting it yesterday afternoon, had everything back together by 9 PM. Let me know what you guys think. Good / Bad / Whatever

Also new, front fenders, all the doors, and TJ flares installed. Here are a few pics. You can barely recognize it now.

Anyways on to the pics, and some for checking fender clearance.

Before:
PICT0015.JPG

After:
PICT0015.JPG

PICT92.JPG

PICT0022.JPG

PICT93.JPG

PICT94.JPG

PICT0017.JPG

very nice camo job that truck looks sweet.

Sharp! You wouldn't have any close-up pictures of your flares would you? In particular what I'd like to see is near the bottom almost at the same level as the bottom of the door where the body juts out just a bit. I'd like to see how you cut the flares to match the contour of the body.

Thanks,
Robert

That looks really good, I like the desert camo. I know a guy who has it on a CJ and it looks sweet on his too. I can't believe you still have snow on the ground there, it was 83 degrees here today. :greensmok

Thanks Man, Yah still have snow, it actually snowed friday night, we got another inch. But at least its mostly melted. We have had snow on the ground here since Sept. Everybody is starting to get the wheeling itch pretty bad, some have got full blown cabin fever. I'm so glad that we are moving back to the lower 48 this August (Arkansas) we've been here for 4 years.

Here is some close-up pics of the flares at the body line.

Rear:

Flare1.JPG

flare4.JPG

Front:

flare2.JPG

flare3.JPG

The mirrors come off pretty easy, only four bolts, but they fold in almost flat and I haven't had any problems with them. Plus I like the bigger mirror portion, and they're cheap!!

Well,I couldn't wait for the weekend so I painted my three tone blue camo on my XJ today.It doesn't look too bad.I'll see if I can get Led to take some digi pics tomorrow and post them up.

Jeff

I run those same mirrors on mine. They came of an '80's Ford Econoline van. I love them. They are very easy to fold and have a great field of view. Maybe not a real great improvement for the '97+ crowd. For those that want to do the mod - a few MJ's came with their mirrors mounted lower on the door like this and have a black plastic triangle to cover the normal mounting location for XJ/MJ mirrors. Sorry, I don't know what year, I just found one like it in the local junkyard. It was a 2WD fuel injected 4 popper if that helps.

Nice camo job. I like the tire carrier but I think I'd rip that rear cargo tray off pretty quick at Moab. The flare install is good and clean too. I like the split rear flares with part mounted on the door.

Jared

DeadeyeJ - Thanks man, and the rear tray is for a couple jerry cans. Something that I think is a must up here, but it comes right off, its bolt on.
I carry 1 with gas and 1 with water. You can easily drive for HOURS and HOURS and not see another gas station here.

Those flares look in very good nick. Were they new? I have thought about getting new stock TJ flares when I do mine and was wondering if the non-original stock width ones are OK? They sell for just under $30 each but originals are just under $60 each!
Anyone know anything about them?

Brand new stock TJ flares, they are from Quadratec.com my wife ordered them for me, I think they were $109 for the complete set plus like $40 for shipping to Alaska.

I got to tell you, its a little weird opening them up, seeing how nice they are and then taking the knife to them! It wasn't an hour after I opened them up that I had strips of black plastic all over the floor.

Chilly

Thats a good price as I saw them for more than that on their site?
Hey I am coming your way in a few months time to take a look around ;)

Where did you get those d-rings on your bumper?They look like the ones I'm thinking about putting on my xj.What kind of welder did you use to weld em' and what thickness is your bumper?Any tips on welding those on to make them STRONG?!?!?!

Nice job! welcome to the Camo Jeep club.

marksjeep.jpg

Back