• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want to meet up again???

Willis

NAXJA Forum User
The last meet & greet was small, and a lot of folks didn't get a chance to make it. So, how about another one? I think it would be a good idea to have them quarterly.

I'd like to get a small wheeling trip planned for late May since it sure is getting nice. This will give us the opportunity to pick a location and get to know each other better. (Maybe a Naches pre-run?)

As NW Chapter participation grows, so does are demographic. Our demographic majority is still located in the Puget Sound area. As of the last meeting, we had members a few hours North, and a few hours South of the Puget Sound. Well, now we have members even farther South in Oregon (4 or more hours away). It makes it tough to pick a centralized location to please everyone.

The last meeting was at Billy McHales in Renton. They have a large enough facility to host whatever size party we have (good food too). I think we should have it there again.

I say let's shoot for May 8th, Noon.

What do you say?
Steve

I'm down for that. We'll have to see what my XJ status is later that month. I wouldn't mind a small, easy run to test some things out. Might be a great time to take my daughter on her first run. When the Daffodil Parade rolled through Orting yesterday she sure paid CLOSE attention to the Jeeps. Maybe make that run a kids run? I know a bunch of us have little ones. Might be kinda fun. :) I can't guarantee mine won't beat yours up though. :D

I offered up a Meet and Greet here in the Islands before the Chapter started..... but was met with "rather meet on a trail", "not going if there is no trail" etc..... As well as it is "too far". Unfortunately, the "too far" thing applies to me for those folks that run trails close to them. Nothing like having to leave a day early to run a trail in Naches etc.... A 6 hour run is a 3 day run for me.

Anyhow, I still extend an offer for those that can stand a week-end day that is not on a trail, but rather around a campfire and an awesome BBQ with friends and Jeeper family. Plenty of space, great place to visit. etc.... :)

I was actually going to suggest sometime this summer (when the chance of rain has lessened a bit), that we meet up at your place. I was all for the last trip.

Not a lot of BSing takes place on trail rides accept for morning, lunch, and when someone breaks. You usually get to know a few people, but with a group of 10 vehicles (or more), it's hard get around and talk with everyone during a short lunch break.

I like what the Chicago guys did with thier 'Meat Off'. Meat, Beer, and XJs. Sounds like a good combination to me.

Steve

May 8th at Billy McHales sounds good to me.

As for a BBQ at Glenns name the Day, Time and what Food I should bring. Oh and where we can sleep? (backyard/campground)
This sound great to me

By the way on a side note which island do you live on Glenn?

PNW01XJ said:
May 8th at Billy McHales sounds good to me.

As for a BBQ at Glenns name the Day, Time and what Food I should bring. Oh and where we can sleep? (backyard/campground)
This sound great to me

By the way on a side note which island do you live on Glenn?
We can start a new thread on this, but I am on Lopez Island. Ferry is from Anacortes.
I have ~2 acres, mostly parked out now... so camping is easy.

I do some damned good pork ribs, salmon, and Tri-Tip steaks (they do not carry tri-tip here on the island :( )

Glenn

Glenn said:
We can start a new thread on this, but I am on Lopez Island. Ferry is from Anacortes.
I have ~2 acres, mostly parked out now... so camping is easy.

I do some damned good pork ribs, salmon, and Tri-Tip steaks (they do not carry tri-tip here on the island :( )

Glenn

Oh, no, I do some damned good tri-tips, though I can't claim the marinade recipie, it's Dan's (aka TRNDRVR).

Costco carries big tri-tip steaks and strips. I think they are $2.99/ pound and the steaks come 2/package, and are usually around $20. The strips have about 8/package and cost around the same.

I could always bring some up for you if you want?

Steve

I do brats. Nobody does brats like I do. :D I'll start them simmering in beer and my special blend of spices when I leave here. They'll be ready for grilling by the time I get there, Glenn. :)

Hey for the bbq camp out thing WAIT FOR ME!!!! I want to be home, and not miss anything! Hopefully we'll be home by August, but I"ll keep you guys posted and updated

ladywolf said:
Hey for the bbq camp out thing WAIT FOR ME!!!! I want to be home, and not miss anything! Hopefully we'll be home by August, but I"ll keep you guys posted and updated

I dunno, I'd say there'd be more...but Glenn might change his mind after we've been up there once. :D

ECKSJAY said:
I dunno, I'd say there'd be more...but Glenn might change his mind after we've been up there once. :D
I am down for both. As far as the wheeling trip, I am Jeepless. If someone has room for my big arse I can consider coming.

JJ13 said:
I am down for both. As far as the wheeling trip, I am Jeepless. If someone has room for my big arse I can consider coming.

You got a neighbor coming who could give you a ride out, Judd? I'm bitchless. ;) Even if you don't, I have friends in Buckley with whom you could probably leave a vehicle while we ride up in my Jeep.

ECKSJAY said:
You got a neighbor coming who could give you a ride out, Judd? I'm bitchless. ;) Even if you don't, I have friends in Buckley with whom you could probably leave a vehicle while we ride up in my Jeep.
I can get up there...just don't have a vehicle capable of wheelin. My wife wouldn't appreciate any rock rash on her new 2wd rig.

I'm free that weekend, but I'm still in the "rather wheel" boat. With gas at $2 a gallon and the Visa bill from my last trip to Moab in the mail, I just can't justify a road trip that doesn't include a trail. I can BBQ with friends at home you know. :peace:

Shall we just do Glenn's instead? It's a little farther north for some, but is more of an "outing" than a restaurant is.

I can do same weekend, or we can move it back a week or two if that suits the masses?

Steve

I am all for that, It shortens my road trip from 120 miles to 35 miles.

But if you all want to meet in Renton I can wing that too.

And any weekend will work for me except Memorial day weekend

Willis said:
Shall we just do Glenn's instead? It's a little farther north for some, but is more of an "outing" than a restaurant is.

I can do same weekend, or we can move it back a week or two if that suits the masses?

Steve
What "masses" Steve? Frankly I think everyone is losing interest. :dunno:

Erik said:
What "masses" Steve? Frankly I think everyone is losing interest. :dunno:

Masses = everyone but me :D I'm completely flexable most weekends of the year.

People do lose interest from time to time, or just browse and not post. Just take a look at the first few posts before the NW Chapter was 'officially' formed. We had tons of interest. It kinda sat stagnant for a while and people lost interest.

I'd love to be able to keep things very active. Some chapters have runs every month. Not all of those runs are NAXJA runs, just runs a few people put it together and go. Anyone can post "Anyone wanna run TSF April 24th?". Please don't believe the BOD is the only one that can make things happen around here.

My goal (or what I'd like to see) would be to eventually have 4 NAXJA NW Chapter events per year (one per season). It will take some time before that goal is met, since we just have to take it one step at a time (NW Fest is the first step).

My biggest problem is that my XJ is in pieces. I'll be wheeling my girlfriends (mostly stock) at Naches. Once mine is done, please believe that I'll be out whenever possible.

So, I say X the restaurant meeting and do a weekend thing a Glenns. Mother's Day is the 9th. I'll make a date suggestion on Glenns post.

Steve

Well I hope you guys have fun BBQin and campin and everything else. as for us, things out here in the sandbox are turning stupid. i actually had to eat an MRE yesterday (yuck) because our KBR chowhall is running out of food (WTF!!!)) I hope I'll one day get to wheel and BBQ with yall, but until then I'll be keepin my head down and running more stupid errands for my platoon sgt (the joys of being a SPC)

Back