• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Belt damage??

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 motor with all the pulleys etc and the inside edge of the belt got torn up. The equivalent of one "V" is gone. I did notice that it seems to run close to the inside edge of the idler pulley. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Can I shim the PS pump out a little? How can I check to see if it's properly aligned?
TIA

Replace that big pulley on the bottom of the engine, the that attaches to the crank shaft. They have a rubber center and seperate with age. Do it soon before it eats into the timing cover and costs you more money...

Ok so what else do I change while I'm there so I don't have to do it later? BTW can i pull the Harmonic balancer without removing the radiator?

yeah it sounds to me like the balancer is "walking" it looks to me like it can be pulled without pulling the radiator.. it looks like if you pull the bumper off you can actually work on it thru access holes behind it.. let us know how it works for you since i need to replace my damper and the seal behind it VERY soon...

mike

Pull the bumper?? :viking: Problem is I don't have a replacement for it and it needs to be replaced too!!! I'll be doing it shortly so I'll take some pix and keep you posted. Thanks.

Back