• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

link mount on a dana 60 (bridge)

rock60xj

NAXJA Member # 1344
i tried a search but no help there im fabing my own 4 link with a full width d60 in the rear and i want to do it right sofar all is good but i need help learning how to atach the bridge over the pumkin do i weld it (what wire and gas)do i bolt a flang under the diff cover bolts or is there a thick enough spot in the top of the housing to drill and tap a mounting point up tward the yolk somewhere any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

rock60xj said:
i tried a search but no help there im fabing my own 4 link with a full width d60 in the rear and i want to do it right sofar all is good but i need help learning how to atach the bridge over the pumkin do i weld it (what wire and gas)do i bolt a flang under the diff cover bolts or is there a thick enough spot in the top of the housing to drill and tap a mounting point up tward the yolk somewhere any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

IMO, you should weld the bridge to the tubes on both sides of the pumpkin and then incorporate a way to bolt it in the middle using the diff cover bolts. If you don't want to use the diff cover bolts, then just weld a brace to the top of the pumpkin. As long as your bridge is welded to the tubes also, you should be alright.
Billy

If you're asking what wire and gas are you sure you have the capability to do this? Anyhow, to answer your question- I use .030 wire with the Ar/CO2 mix for welding to the tubes. I use regular ol' 7018 on a DC stick welder for welding to the pig. I've played with some of the exotic electrodes but seem to find that it's not really needed.

On to your bridge. I try to stay away from using anything that bolts to your cover. A lot of people just run a hoop, weld it to the tubes and be done with it. I tied a piece of square tube from the midpoint of my bridge to the midpoint(front to back) of the diffhousing. You can't see it in this pic because it wasn't on there yet. The small pieces were just there while I was doing my mock up.
1077226826_backview.jpg

Back