• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window noise

tarheel99

NAXJA Forum User
Recently, my drivers side power window has started making a loud "stripping gear" sort of noise when it gets to the fully closed position (fully up). I couldn't find anything about limit switches in the FSM so I assume this is built into the regulator assembly. Is there any fixing this sort of problem short of replacing the whole regulator assembly?

I have a different problem of the window slowing down and sometimes it doesn't go up. I slam the door and it works. After having taken the whole thing apart, I concluded that the regulator must be replaced. I saturated mine with oil, It now works..... most of the time (90%).

I have the same problem with my 99 drivers window. Research told me there is no way to fix it. You have to replace the window regulator assembly to solve this one. I bought one at the dealer for $90. It has been a year and I still havn't replaced it yet. I told myself I wouldn't untill it stopped going up all together. I wonder how long untill the new one does the same?

Back