• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost inches up front

climbon

NAXJA Forum User
Was excited to put on my new WARN front bumber and WARN 9.5ti Themometric winch but after a couple of months I lost almost 2" of lift up front. I have a 5.5 lift (2 years old) but no longer in the front. I also notice when I full flex up front my tires are being cut up by sheet metal I run 32x11.5 BFG's. I cut out my front wheel wells (just below my water bottle) and raised my stock fender flares to keep the same look. I never used to rub after I did this but now I am chewing up big $ on the BFG's. I have 4" coils with a 1.5 puck, would ACOS fix this problem? or should I just tear everything out and go with bigger coils? I do have an adjustible track bar already on with a built up Currie front end. Thanks

climbon said:
Was excited to put on my new WARN front bumber and WARN 9.5ti Themometric winch but after a couple of months I lost almost 2" of lift up front. I have a 5.5 lift (2 years old) but no longer in the front. I also notice when I full flex up front my tires are being cut up by sheet metal I run 32x11.5 BFG's. I cut out my front wheel wells (just below my water bottle) and raised my stock fender flares to keep the same look. I never used to rub after I did this but now I am chewing up big $ on the BFG's. I have 4" coils with a 1.5 puck, would ACOS fix this problem? or should I just tear everything out and go with bigger coils? I do have an adjustible track bar already on with a built up Currie front end. Thanks

Well if you'd stop trying to jump sand dunes, you'd be alright! :laugh:

I'd look at it like this if I lost 2" with your setup. Without that puck you'd be sitting at about 2" of lift right? If you added just the ACOS to your now 2" springs, you'd have to dial in 2" plus the 1.5" you had from the puck or 3.5" total just from the ACOS. Do you really want almost 4" of spacer on top of your severely sagging springs? I really don't know if there is any detrimental effect with that much spacer since the ACOS are obviously designed for that much and even more. I would just go with new springs. Good luck, see ya in Moab!

Run some Rubicon Express ZJ lift springs in there. They are made for a heavier front end. TRNDRVR has had some for sale fairly cheap, I believe in the Intermountain Chapter Forum. He lives up here in Ogden. They give a non fasto XJ 5.5-6" of lift and are a slightly stiffer spring rate than the usual XJ lift springs. They are actually the same springs that come in the RE 5.5" Xtreme Duty XJ lift kit. I have them and they work very well. I'd guess that they'd give you around 4.5" of lift with that bumper.

Jared:patriot:

Very good guys thanks, now if I can do it before Moab this comming weekend. Time to get out the big pry bar again.

Keith, Brian R. has a set of 6" Skyjacker Coils he's getting rid of also. Drop him a PM if you'd like. (He's local to the SLC area too)
BTW, I've got the ACOS in my Heep and I really like 'em. I've dialed them down a few times already as my rear suspension has settled in.

Back