• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For flex...

Yellow XJNJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, Ive been procrastinating a bit. I havent put my new discon's on yet. But I do have a question. After I install the discon's, and I go for some flexing, do I have to worry about pulling a brake line? Am I going to have to extend them? If so, how do I? Or is this a pointless concern?

Any help would be appreciated.

It all depends on how much lift you have, and how much travel.
You should find a place you can flex it a little at a time(like a bank, ramp, ditch, etc) and go a little at a time and keep getting out to see if the brake lines will be an issue. An easy way to gain a little brake line length is to take the bend out of the metal line that is bolted to the inner fender well, wont gain you much. If you need more brake line, buy longer brake hose, it doesn't need to be stainless or anything fancy, just safe and DOT approved
good luck, chadc

Thank you. Hopefully I will feel energetic today and bust out the tool belt... As long as I have a six pack of Rolling Rock, Ill be fine.

Back