• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinion Length

It has been reported that the D44 and the Mopar 8.25 are the same length and use the same driveshaft.

Awhile ago a friend lifted his '95 XJ a tad too far w/o an SYE and the driveshaft fell out. He had an 8.25. I pulled the shaft from an '87 parts XJ (both were AW-4/231) and we found the D35 driveshaft was 5/8" longer. He ran that and got away with it, but I still think he should have at least added a YJ slip yoke.

Long way to say "5/8 of an inch"

well, that poses a problem for me.

right now with a 4ish inch lift, 242 with hack/tap SYE and D35 my DS would have to be dead on 35 inches in the center of travel. with new lift and D44, with calculations made for DS length it should still be 35.29 at the center of travel.

now the spicer driveshafts listed in the RE catalog are listed to have a max length of 35.5 and im assuming that that number would be fully extended, not center of travel

did i mis-read my tape or somthing and come up with a huge error?
maybe i will try it again tomorow morining

Back