• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie lifting again

Cherokee91Red

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 91 xj 4.0. Thinkin of putting on a RE 3.5" lift with new rear springs. Sticking on some 31x10.5 bfg at's on stock rims. DT 3000 shocks. Does this sound like a decent setup, The jeep is still my daily driver so can't go too crazy. Was also considering the rancho 9000 shocks, are those different settings more of an annoyance than their worth? If I need to do anything special or am forgetting anything please let me know. thx.

sounds like a pretty decent setup. May want to look into a new steering stab. as well. I don't have any experience with the DT 3000's but I can at least vouch for the RE 3.5" (as could pretty much half the people here, i'm sure). I'm also not sure how much more expensive they are, but I've got the same kit with OME shocks and LOVE them! (as do most people i've ever talked to) might be worth looking into...

91red, i would reccomend at least a 4 inch with 32x12.5 tires on your stock 7 inch rims..this has a great look and runs real nice. just remember, once you begin your mods you'll want to go higher and bigger...it's better to do as much as you can the first time. i also run a '91...and three lifts later i'm now at 5.5 lift...33x12.5 mtr's and a dana 44 rear with detroit lockers ft and rear....good luck!

onlything to worry about at the 4+" level though is the need for SYE and driveshaft...While i know it might not be "necessary" immediately for a 4", it's definitely something to take into account.

Back