• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeaky Clutch After water crossing

Luis

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
A while ago I had to make a small river crossing, though not easy enough not to have to change gears while underwater. Right after getting out of the awater, working the clutch pedal makes this old-rusty-door squeaking sound. After a quick inspection of the clutch fluid container(the little black one near the master cylinder right?) looks like it became emulsified (is that the word for taken a whole lotta water and looks nasty?). Is there a way to purge that brake fluid from there and replace it? Are there other probable causes for the noise as well? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!!

LUis.

'99 XJ 4.0 2dr
Some mods.

Gotta bleed it. I think you're in luck in that the slave cylinder is accessible on the late model tranny at least...

Pardon my ignorance, I have no idea of how to purge it :twak: if u can enlighten that way id be most grateful!

Thx!

Luis

Luis said:
Pardon my ignorance, I have no idea of how to purge it :twak: if u can enlighten that way id be most grateful!

Thx!

Luis
You can't bleed the newer systems: They are a sealed self bleeding setup.

Back