• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Indiana Wrenchfest offer

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 25,000 sq ft machine shop in NW Indiana (Crown Point) complete with overhead cranes, flame cutting, welding, etc. It can accomodate over 5-6 Jeeps at once. I'd like to have a "wrenchfest" in the next couple weeks if there is enough interest. Let me know if you're interested and we can plan a date.

Were you possibly thinking of opening a branch location in Kansas ???

All kidding aside, kudo's for the very generous offer to use your facility. A great opportunity for some up and coming fabricators and the mechanically inclined to get down and greasy. Wish I lived in the neighborhood.

I live south of South Bend, IN. Not to far really. Sounds like a blast but will probably pass. It is my busy time at work. Just ordered my RE 3.5 6030. Should be here in about 10 days.

Is there any off roading spots or trails in the northern half of the state or southern half on MI other than Silverlake MI and Badlands?

Thanks for the offer,
Jason

Oh Oh... does that mean you are suplying the gas/wire/ and all utilities? :yelclap:

I love to build my stuff and not have to burn my own suplies. I will also need hiems, some tubing, maybe some 4" box steel, if you could have a bender handy that would be great as well.

Just kidding. I wish I could make it as I have a few things in t he works but it;s just a bit too far.
Sounds like fun though.

kid4lyf said:
I have a 25,000 sq ft machine shop in NW Indiana (Crown Point) complete with overhead cranes, flame cutting, welding, etc. It can accomodate over 5-6 Jeeps at once. I'd like to have a "wrenchfest" in the next couple weeks if there is enough interest. Let me know if you're interested and we can plan a date.

Beezil said:
here come the freeloaders......

Naa, I don't feel that way at all. Just another way to get together and do what guys do. Drink beer, fart, and tell lies. Hopefully we can get some stuff accomplished at the same time.
Hell Beez, even you're invited.
Seriously though, I'll just throw out a date and see who can make it.
Saturday, May 1, two weeks from now?
Let me know if that sounds OK. If not ,someone propose a different date.

Hey I will be up in NE Indiana for the month of June.. I am planning on building somethings at my dads house but I might cruise over that way to check things out and lend a hand for anyone or I might need some help myself depending on how bad I beat my XJ up..

It's been brought to my attention that the GLJT club is having a run that day so we're looking at the 8th.

bgcntry72 said:
F*** the GLJT club.
Hasta.

Such hostility, and they've got such nice things to say about you.

seanR said:
You beat me to the punch Kid!
Hey BG perhaps DUG will be there and we can have round two?
BTW Sean, think you'll be able to make it?

seanR said:
You beat me to the punch Kid!
Hey BG perhaps DUG will be there and we can have round two?

What do you mean 'we'?
I was there, you were not.
Also, I do not consider what happened as a 'good thing'.
I actually liked that guy quite a bit, things just got a bit hairy.
Hope you are well, and when the meds wear off you may remember that being present for such an incident is a bit of a prerequisite to discussing it.
Notice that the only one who mentions the situation and refers to specific names is the one guy who was not there.
I know it couldn't he helped, but I also know that you know better.
Yes, its business, and yes, its unfinished, but its my business, and I will handle it, all in good time.
Hasta.
:nono:

Too Bad I still dont live in Indiana....I grew up in the Crown Town...still have lots of friends there though! Anyway....wish i could make it...but it would be a looooong drive from arizona...considering i am driving on 33's.... :doh:

12monkeys said:
Too Bad I still dont live in Indiana....I grew up in the Crown Town...still have lots of friends there though! Anyway....wish i could make it...but it would be a looooong drive from arizona...considering i am driving on 33's.... :doh:

Hey, I drove mine to Utah and back this past February. Of course skiing at Alta is slightly more motivation than a wrenchfest, even to a Jeep guy.

bgcntry72 said:
What do you mean 'we'?
I was there, you were not.
Also, I do not consider what happened as a 'good thing'.
I actually liked that guy quite a bit, things just got a bit hairy.
Hope you are well, and when the meds wear off you may remember that being present for such an incident is a bit of a prerequisite to discussing it.
Notice that the only one who mentions the situation and refers to specific names is the one guy who was not there.
I know it couldn't he helped, but I also know that you know better.
Yes, its business, and yes, its unfinished, but its my business, and I will handle it, all in good time.
Hasta.
:nono:

Lighten up Francis, we're all in this together. One of these men may save your life someday.
And maybe one of us won't

Easy big guy, just a joke.
Guess I left before the entertainment, huh.

Back