• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to find and what brand main bearings????????

Big Bear

NAXJA Forum User
I am replacing my rear main seal and thought I would go ahead and replace my main bearings while I am at it. I am wondering if there is any brands to stay away from? I also need to know where to buy good ones, that they won't rape me on the price.
Thanx, Mike

Clevite77 beraings are my first pick for something good, followed by TRW-branded parts (but TRW doesn't make anything of their own, while Clevite does...)

Either should be findable or orderable thru a well-stocked local. I hardly buy anything at a chain store anymore...

5-90

While you're in there, do the rod bearings. They'll probably need it more than the mains.

I used the Clevite 77's last time I did mine.

That was a foolish waste of money. It's a Jeep. Next time it'll be duct tape sprayed with silicone.

What motor do you have? I have Clevite 77 Main bearings for a 89 block that are new never been used. I ordered them for my rebuild but switched my 89 block for a 91 and they dont fit and since I opened the box, they parts place wont take them back.

AARON

Back