• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Wheel Bearings

bheit4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had problems going through wheel bearings on a d30? I have gone through 3 in the past 4 months on the same side. I have torqed them down and have dome everything right when changing them but no answer. the local shop around here said they have no clue why i could be going through so many. Any ideas

My first bet would be that you're not getting enough torque on the axle nut. 175 ft./lbs. You may want to retorque it after a day or so of driving.

How's your alignment and/or tire wear?

How's the u-joint on that side?

35's and 3.5 backspace i think as far as backspace goes its not alot ive seen other xj,yj,tj's running larger tires on more backspace with a d30 and mno problems i'm at a loss

I thought I recall hearing that overheating your brakes in the front could cause you to ruin the wheel bearings fast. Have you checked to see if the caliper is sticking on that side?

Then again this is probably not to helpful because if this were your problem you probably would have noticed by the third hub, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Good to see someone else from the Atlanta area in here.

Back