• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires and plugs from Canadian Tire?

Shifty

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. I was in Canadian Tire and was looking at the Motomaster AT tire. The parts guy told me that these were made by Michelin. I was wondering if any others have used these tires and what there opinion is of them. The tread pattern looks very efficient to me. Also the Champion Copper plus plugs. Are these the same as what the dealer would sell?

From what others have said, the Champion plugs at the dealer are of a higher quality. I noticed that the quality of the non-dealer Champion plugs(at the Tire) have fallen in quality as of late.

If you are going to buy plugs at the Tire, buy the 'V-groove', which are repackaged NGKs.

:exclamati :flame:
If the tire sidewalls don't say MICHELIN, it's not made by Michelin. Even the Sears tires made by Michelin have the Michelin name on it.
Like other tire manufacturers, Michelin owns brand names(BFG, Uniroyal, etc) and overseas affiliates, but I think it's stretching it to say even these are made by Michelin also.

I second Lou, if your looknig at Champion Plugs pick them up at the dealer. Better quality than the ones in CT.

gr8tires said:
:exclamati :flame:
If the tire sidewalls don't say MICHELIN, it's not made by Michelin. Even the Sears tires made by Michelin have the Michelin name on it.
Like other tire manufacturers, Michelin owns brand names(BFG, Uniroyal, etc) and overseas affiliates, but I think it's stretching it to say even these are made by Michelin also.

Sorry, but that logic just isn't strong....by that logic Mickey Thompsons and BFGoodrich's must also have a little Michelin name on them too.....do a little research first. Yes the Canadian Tire Motomasters are made by Michelin and they are an excellent all round tire. Incidentally, MNA Inc. (aka Michelin North America) is just a major corporation that owns brand names, they do not actually manufacture tires FOR other makers, they own the smaller makers and their brands. All of this information is available on the internet...
Buck, a proud Canadian....

SCOTT FISCHER said:
... I miss John Candy and SCTV. GOD I'm getting old...

:(
Wow! I think that's the first reference to SCTV that I've seen on NAXJA.

BTW, Edith Prickley wishes you a happy birthday party1:

Yes. Somebody has to make Canadian Tire and Walmart Brand Tires. I noticed in the Wal-mart flier today that the Walmart tires were advertised and in the upper corner it said "Manufactured by Goodyear". So even if the tire does not say Goodyear anywhere on the tire it is still manufactured by Goodyear. I just wonder if these tires are of the same quality as a "real" goodyear tire. Just like Levis makes yellow tab and red tab jeans. Anyway thanks for the info on the Motomasters. They look better than most AT tires I've seen and the tread pattern looks like it would deffinately be good in snow and mud. I think I may try a set!! Go Senators Go!!

Shifty said:
Go Senators Go!!

Go Jets Go!! ... oh ... really ... didn't make the playoffs ... aren't a team anymore ... oops.

Back