PDA

View Full Version : leaf springs no come off-ee

Codeman
April 14th, 2004, 14:00
I am trying to put a 3" full leaf lift on mine, and I cant get the bolts loose that hold them to the unibody frame. Using air tools, tried breaker bar. Thought of cutting them off, but then I would have to get new bolts and get the part of the bolt that is still in there out. I need some help. have used some PB blaster too....no luck.
Thanks

Also- are the shocks supposed to push out wards? mine don't- the new and the old, so I was wondering bc I know some do....

small pederson
April 14th, 2004, 14:17
try a breaker bar with a long steel pipe. when i did it, one of the metal sleeves had managed to cold weld itself to the bolt, making it extremely difficult to turn and impossible to pull out. i cut the bolt between the mount and spring and ripped her outta there. have fun!

Codeman
April 14th, 2004, 14:22
the only thing I havent tried is heat. Id really rather not cut them off and drill it out.

poppabear
April 14th, 2004, 14:32
beware... the nut on the inside of the unibody rail is tack welded... you can break the weld when using air tools if the sleeve it cold welded to the bushing. I speak from experience.

you may have to drill a hole under the rear seat big enuff to put an open ended wrench on it. have fun with that... i did.

ChuckD
April 14th, 2004, 14:42
Heat, more PB and longer cheater bar. Goodluck