• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have experience with Kumho Venture MT's?

verrive

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,
I searched but I didn't really see much on these tires. I saw them on Tirerack and they are ridiculously cheap($80 something for 31"s) and I was curious how they are. They were rated 5 out of 14 Mud Terrains just over BFGoodrich. I'd be upgrading from some BFGoodrich AT's I have now. They're at like 40% so I'm doing some research for the future :) Any input anyone has would be appreciated.

- Kevin

A buddy of mine runs em and they do great. Great tire for the money

I almost had a set for Tire-Rack. They sent me the wrong size but I was able to compare them a bit, but then I ended up with MT/R's. The side walls are very thin compared to tires like the MT/R's and BFG's. I don't know how they perform, only read a few reviews. They are probably a good tire for the price. Try www.tire.com I found beter prices and the warrenty option.

I know the MT/R's are expensive, so my sugestion would be to check out the Trux-us MT's, there are reasonably priced and have great reviews across the baord.

LOVE THEM!!! I've put about 25,000 miles on mine, they still have ALOT of tread left!!! I have some small cuts on the sidewalls, but nothing to worry about! I dont run many rocks so I can't say for sure how thick the side-walls are, but I love my over all!! And if you want some more info check this review out!!
Part 1 http://www.off-road.com/jeep/products/kumho/index.html
Part 2 http://www.off-road.com/jeep/products/kumho/index2.html

Hope that helps, you wont be unhappy with these tires!!

Aaron

I have the Kumho MT's in a 31x11.5 size and I really like them. Had them for about a year now and have used them in snow, sand, Moab and local mud and wheeling. For 90.00, I recommend them highly. They are certainly louder than the AT's I had previously but not too bad.

Anyone with experience, from a starting point at the Kumho's where would you go. Jump up $20 for the TRXUS, roughly $40 jump for the BFGoodrich or lastly $50 per tire for the Wrangler MTRs. I like the MTRs but are they really good enough that they are worth the $200 extra?

- Kevin

verrive said:
Anyone with experience, from a starting point at the Kumho's where would you go. Jump up $20 for the TRXUS, roughly $40 jump for the BFGoodrich or lastly $50 per tire for the Wrangler MTRs. I like the MTRs but are they really good enough that they are worth the $200 extra?

- Kevin

I have the MT/r's and they have treated me well, but I sugesting the Trax-us. Trust me the if you are worried about side walls, Kumho's are not what you need. Kumho's are equal to all those Procomps as far as side wall is concerned.

Back