• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have the Olympic Tire carrier?

I was looking at the same thing. Not a bad price, about 500$ for the bumper and carrier...

The olympic carrier is a one piece 2.5" round tube so basically it isnt a bunch of mitre cuts welded together. for a complete bumper and tire swing set up you would need the following 550-15X rock rear bumper, 700-15X tire swing, and a 707-12X HD tire carrier. You do not have to get the 707 if you would perfer to get the stock tire carrier of a TJ wrangler. The 707-tire carrier is a one piece 1/4" thick steel plus it will work for a 5 on 4.5" and 5 on 5.5" bolt patterns. The rear bumper mounts are all 1/4" thick steel. The actual tire swing is secured with a steel pull pin and not some flimsy latch. Ive built my own carrier with one of the lock latches but they always seem to break, the pin is 1/2" diameter.

yes you can open the rear hatch without any clearence problems. The tire carrier is offset so the tire sits towards the driverside and is not perfectly centered. This way you can still open the hatch with up to a 37" maybe bigger but it hasnt been tested. We also have a rack that sits on the outdies of the tire which adds about 18" to the outside of the tire and the hatch can still be opened with the rack in place. If anything it opens too far and i find myself hitting the car next to me if im not careful. IF you send me an email address i can send you a photo of the tire swing in the open position.

wondering if this bumper is bad for departure angle, or does it keep the tire up high enough to not be a problem, by the way will be using a 31 and eventually a 33

Back