• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reminder: Mojave Road This Weekend

The weekend is almost upon us. :party:

For those of you who are coming to Goffs on Friday night, here's the directions:

From the direction of Barstow take I-40 east about 110 miles to a point one mile east of Fenner Rest Stop and exit the Interstate where a sign says "Goffs Road." Turn left under the freeway bridge and follow blacktop Goffs Road for 11 miles to Goffs.

CAUTION :skull1:

There's major bridge construction going on right now just past the exit ramp, so be careful and drive slow. As of two weekes ago, all traffic was down to one lane in each direction and shuffled onto the westbound lanes.

From Needles or Las Vegas Area take U.S. Highway 95 south (from Searchlight) or north (from I-40 up out of Needles) to the point where 95 crosses the main line of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway. Turn west on Goffs Road (south of the tracks) and travel 14 miles to Goffs.

The Schoolhouse is on the North side of the tracks at the intersection of Goffs and Lanfair Roads -- for a positive identification, there are two windmills on the Goffs Schoolhouse property, the only ones in Goffs.

Do not try to go in the main entrance. Those gates are only opened on open house weekends. Enter the schoolhouse property using the SERVICE ENTRANCE, which is located about 30 feet north of the intersection.

Once inside the grounds, bear to the right, go past the schoolhouse and turn right. Go down to the library and turn left. Follow that all the way down until you reach the fence. Bear left and go through the opening in the fence. You are now in the campground. My motorhome will be there. Pick a site and set up camp. See me for a tour.

The cookhouse is in the red boxcar. There is a refrigerator inside of you need to keep stuff cool.

Call me on my cel phone if you need help. :callme: (818) 585-9135.

Back