• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know about the Pipeline Trail in WI?

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
I've been invited by a Rover friend to a two day run with their club on the Pipeline Trail in WI and was wondering if anyone here has run it. I've only been to Attica so a comparison would be helpful.

kid4lyf said:
I've been invited by a Rover friend to a two day run with their club on the Pipeline Trail in WI and was wondering if anyone here has run it. I've only been to Attica so a comparison would be helpful.

The section of the Pipeline through the NF I am familar with is maintained by the Wisconsin 4WD Association. The comparison to the Badlands would not be fair. You would be bored at the Pipeline if you think the Green trail is easy. Much of the "trail" is 20ft wide sand road. There are a few sections that the W4WDA has gotten permission to build an obstical or two. There are a few muddy areas on the trail, along with a rocky hill at Thunder Mt. The trail is passable with a stock 4WD high clearance vehicle.
There are deep mud holes off to the side of the trail. They are *not* part of the trail and have been made by locals. Some are rather deep, about XJ roof level deep; I'd stay out of them.

Ron

I have run the pipeline, starting around Darlington WI and just kept on going. A few years ago there were trails off to the side you could hit up that were a tad more technical( I think they are all fenced off now), but nothing compared to badlands. If i go to the pipe line now we just take quads for the flat open speed!

Jaysheep said:
I have run the pipeline, starting around Darlington WI and just kept on going. A few years ago there were trails off to the side you could hit up that were a tad more technical( I think they are all fenced off now), but nothing compared to badlands. If i go to the pipe line now we just take quads for the flat open speed!

You must be mistaken. There are no 4WD trails near Darlington that I know of. There are ATV trails, and aside from the Cheese County Trail which runs on an old RR bed, more than 60% of the trails in Lafayete County are on pavement.
If you know of a valid 4WD trail in Layfayette County, I'd like to know so I can try it :)

The Pipeline Trail in WI is near Lakewood, WI. (Oconto, County). ATVs are not allowed in the Nicolet NF at this point.

Back