• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build Codes (Again)

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
This evening I stumbled upon the build sheet for one of the XJs I've worked on, and that reminded me how many times people can't find their build sheet. Even worse, if you can find it, Chrysler apparently changed some of the codes. I keep threatening to compile a master list of the build codes ... maybe now is the time.

I would greatly appreciate it if everyone who has the build sheet or the original invoice or window sticker for their XJ or MJ would send me an e-mail with the codes and what they stand for. If you have a scanner, you can just attach the scan as a JPEG file. If you have a fax, you can fax it to me.

I'm not comfortable putting my e-mail or fax number out in the open, so if you can help out with this project, please drop me a PM and I'll send you the e-mail address to use and the fax number.

Since some of the codes apparently changed, when sending info be sure to include what year XJ or MJ it applies to.

Thank you

I found my factory build sheet when I was working on my drivers door window regulator track and the lock. I will scan it for you tomorrow afternoon and post the scan for you in my gallery. Its for an '89 XJ Laredo.

I'll email the window stickers for the '97 & '01 XJ's, and I have what appears to be a build sheet or invoice for the '97.

Blah... I had my drivers door panel open several times this week to fix first my lock cylinder and then my door handle... no build sheet to be found. Maybe the guys who put in the sound system took it out... (yep, it's an '88 with speakers in the doors. some assembly required, I guess :D )

Eagle, if you need an extra e-mail addy to have people send you scans and stuff, let me know; I have plenty of space/BW to spare.

dogtired said:
how do i obtain a copy of my build sheet? I bought mine used from a dealer. :helpme:

You take the VIN number to a dealer (service department) and ask them to print it.

I also saw a recent post suggesting that you can submit the VIN to DaimlerChrysler through some link on the Jeep web site and they'll send it to you. I haven't tried that and I'm afraid I don't have the specifics.

brtb said:
Eagle, if you need an extra e-mail addy to have people send you scans and stuff, let me know; I have plenty of space/BW to spare.

Thank you. If I start getting a lot of large files I may be forced to take you up on that.

I actually called Chrysler' "Tech Line"...1-800-992-1997, gave them my VIN and they told me EVERYTHING about my 1991 XJ. Gears, diffs, axles, even the tires it originally came with! They also emailed this info to me. So for anyone who doesn't have a build sheet, this could be the way to go.

Update

Lawn Cher' sent me a build sheet and two window stickers. I had fogotten that the window stickers don't include the build codes for the options, so for the purpose of this exercise, I need build sheets only. Window stickers won't help.

Thanks

Hey Eagle....Just wondering if you ever compiled anything with all the codes listed....I'm particularly interested in the 3 lettered codes on the older....say 88 XJ's. I recieved some of these codes on my xj ....from a friend who's a tech...but I have no way to deciper them....here's what they look like:

*X7 -SA
ADA
AGJ AHL
AHT BCQ
APA CGY
CAC CUF
CGW ERB
CLE HAA
CSA JHA
DGT LMA
DSA NAE
GAC NHQ
GTZ QA2
JAY SCE
JGB WJD
JHB
LDA
MDA
MWA
NFA
NHB
NMB
PA2
RAB
SBA
SUA
TBB
YJP

Sorry for the long post....

Thanks
Aron

brtb said:
Blah... I had my drivers door panel open several times this week to fix first my lock cylinder and then my door handle... no build sheet to be found. Maybe the guys who put in the sound system took it out... (yep, it's an '88 with speakers in the doors. some assembly required, I guess :D )

I found the build sheet for the son's 89 xj in the right door panel.

JoBo

Back