• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hit a ditch, now frt end wobbles

JT86XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well I hit a ditch doin bout 40 mph the other day, and now the Jeep wobbles real bad, right around when I hit 50 mph, so where should I start to look at to find whats wrong? TIA

Mine appeared ffine as well, but when i pulled them out to replace the bushings, i noticed a "stress crack" and then used a straight edge, and it was SLIGHTLY bent.

Not saying this is your case, but its worth a shot.

Also, have you thought about getting the front end aligned? your caster could be off now...
Tie Rod? Drag link? TRE's?

I'm having a similar issue. I bent my front end housing, now my front end camber looks similar to a lowered VW. (/---\). This is causing all sorts of wobble conditions. I put a second stabilizer shock on to keep it under control until I get the replacement housing in there.

Dan

JT86XJ said:
Well I hit a ditch doin bout 40 mph the other day, and now the Jeep wobbles real bad, right around when I hit 50 mph, so where should I start to look at to find whats wrong? TIA

I had similar problems with my 89, ended up being the draglink in the steering, it would wobble going straight down the road around 50 or so then around turns it would be ok hope this helps
Mike

I had the same thing. For me it was 45 mph and the front wobbled side to side. The first time it happened, made me piss in my pants. My just turned out to be a lossened tie rod bushing.

Back