• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar Perfomance Head Gaskets

XJVenom

NAXJA Forum User
I'll be finishing up my porting job on my 91 HO head tonight and I want to use Mopar Performance gaskets when I put this baby back together. In addition to the .025" I've surfaced off the head, I'm looking to use the thinner gasket (P4529242) to help increase CR. There is a Mopar Perfomance engine gasket set available (P4529245) which includes not only a head gasket, but intake/exhaust, valve cover, oil pan, oil pump, and crank case gaskets. I'll be needing the valve cover and intake/exhaust gaskets anyway so I might save some money ordering this entire set instead of everything individually. My concern is the head gasket though. Does this set contain the thin P4529242 head gasket? This set through the dealership is only 40 dollars, compared to $20 for the performance head gasket purchased seperately. I just want to make sure this set contains the gasket I'm looking for and not the standard OEM. I'll just have to order everything seperately if it doesn't. If anyone has more info about this, or suggestions as to the resources to go to I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Venom

Try calling these people and asking your question.
Mopar Performance Parts Tech Assistance Hotline-1-248-969-1690
or fax # 1-248-969-3342
These numbers were from the 3rd Edition JEEP ENGINES hand book
Wayne

Back