• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

multiple blocks

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
so i have one inch blocks and i need another half inch block. can i run both and has anyone done this. I know the risks of axle wrap but will multiple blocks make the situation that much more riskful. also wheres the cheapest place to get a 1.5 inch block.
eric

You can.

You shouldn't.

If you must use a block, RRO makes blocks in 1/2 in increments. Make sure you get new center pins with them though.... Not saying they are the cheapest.

Redcbr007 said:

Well, I'm hoping that if he is considering blocks he already has fairly long shackles & is avoiding the AAL for a reason (making the pack too stiff)...

other wise.... consider getting a longer shackle or an AAL :gee:

i have a simple mathmatic problem that should solve your problem

to much(to many)lift block + big tires = death

i went to the junk yard and pick up some shackles from a full size chevy they are 3/4's of an inch longer than your stock shackles......

haha, i didnt do to well in math so that problem is a little confusing.

I have 1 1/2 inch shackles on the way and already ahve a 3 inch AAL right now. sagged to about 2 and 1/4 tho. im liftin to about 5 but the rear will be a little saggy unless i get a tad big bigger block. I think i will just get a 1.5 inch block. my only question is, is there a greater risk with two blocks. it doesnt seem like there would be but im not a genius... and i cant spell
eric

Rubicon Express sells a 1.5" block with u-bolts. But I would run a longer shackle before I would go that route. Juice

dellstopjeep said:

I have 1 1/2 inch shackles on the way and already ahve a 3 inch AAL right now. sagged to about 2 and 1/4 tho. im liftin to about 5 but the rear will be a little saggy unless i get a tad big bigger block. I think i will just get a 1.5 inch block. my only question is, is there a greater risk with two blocks. it doesnt seem like there would be but im not a genius... and i cant spell
eric
yeah, you run the risk, of these blocks coming loose and falling out... its not like coil spacers where its alright to stack two. you have the right idea by just getting a 1.5" block instead of stacking.

brandon

dellstopjeep said:

eric

I guess I'll be odd man out in this block disccussion.....and try to answer your exact question. You asked has anyone done this, and yes, I run three blocks stacked up on each side, and I have for seven years or so. I understand, and agree, with the general concept of not stacking, or running, excessive blocks. However, in some specific situations, like this one, they can work perfectly.

The blocks should be small, solid, and pinned through, and the u-bolts should be checked regularly for tightness (everyone should do this anyway on a rig that gets wheeled). I use Tomken blocks, which have there own center pins and are 3/4" tall. The last time I reworked my springs I welded two of the blocks together, so I sort of have one 1.5" block and one 3/4" block, but I ran them not welded together for a very long time. You said you already know that there will be increased spring wrap, so you have to deal with it.

I run blocks because I work the springs for the performance that I want, then adjust the final lift amount with a long shackle and blocks. I prefer to run a flatter spring, with blocks and a traction bar, than a stiffer spring with more arch.

You dooms day guys need to not read so many magazines. I wouldn't put blocks on a front leaf spring (hmmm....we have coils), and I wouldn't stack two 4" blocks, but I see no problem running a few small blocks to level out the lift. BTW, have you seen how many trucks come from the factory with tall lift blocks in the rear suspension?

Back