• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help before she is gone!!

RINGKONG

NAXJA Forum User
i am having troubles locating a 4wd version of the ax5, in the omaha nebraska area...

I found the craptacular BA 10/5 tranny and TC under a 87 cherokee bolted to a 4.0 engine..

I know the Ax 15 doesn't bolt to my V6 bell housing, but will the early BA 10/5 bolt up to it?

I konw its not a very good tranny, but I need something to get around in until I find what I am looking for..

thanks for your help.

I've heard rumors that some 4-cyl Wranglers may have had the BA10/5, but I don't put much credance in that. My '88 XJ 4.0L has the BA10/5 and I don't think it will fit the 4-cyl/V-6 bell housing. I know the input shaft diamter is larger than the 4-cyl/V-6 trannies, so it would need a different clutch cylinder if it does fit.

The BA10/5 was not used with the V-6 or the 4-cyl in the XJ.

You might broaden your horizons by looking for a T4 or T5 as well.

What about S10's, didn't they use the ax5, 207 combo as well?? I'm not sure... I do know that I've seen them with the 207, just not sure about the tranny itself.
Mike B.

1986xj said:
What about S10's, didn't they use the ax5, 207 combo as well?? I'm not sure... I do know that I've seen them with the 207, just not sure about the tranny itself.
Mike B.

My 89 S10 Blazer had a T-5 in it. :rof:

Atl XJ said:
My 89 S10 Blazer had a T-5 in it. :rof:
Was that with a 2.8? Sounds like it would work for him then. Not familiar with the t5, is the clutch slave set up the same? If not adapting it all still shouldn't be much of a hassle.
EDIT... nevermind had a brain fart there for a minute, all that wouldn't change, only issue might be length.
Mike B.

Last edited:
It was a 2.8L, but it was 2wd, I'm not sure if they used the same transmission or not. I don't know much about the 4wd Blazers, sorry.

Back