• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prepairing for Stroker???'s

FELIX

Who Knows, Ask Who
I getting all my research :read: done, to slowly build one over time, to take the sting :tear: out of the $$$ involved. Any way, Question#1, I'm looking @ injectors, in the 24lb range. I'm wondering if I get them & install them in my motor now, would they help, hurt, or experience no change? :dunno:
Currently running, 93 4.0 H.O Air tube, 60mm TB, Borla headers, & cat back w/ high flow cat, Jacobs ignition {not sure if it does anything, but it's there}

Question #2 Are there any differences between years, on the short block, & any ideas, of a good place to find a nice bare block in Ca

Thanks
Rob

Last edited:
FELIX said:
Question#1, I'm looking @ injectors, in the 24lb range. I'm wondering if I get them & instal them in my motor now, would they help, hurt, or experience no change?

It would help to know what year XJ you have. The Renix injectors are 19.6 pound, but the HOs used 22 pound and 24 pound. Depending on year, yours may already be 24 pound.

:doh: Sorry, it's a 93 H.O. I thought, that they were all 19lb

Thanks again

Last edited:
The '93 HO injectors flow 21.0lb.hr at 39psi so you'll definitely need bigger injectors for a stroker. You can get some Ford 24lb'ers cheaply on e-bay.
I'm building a 4.6L stroker myself at the moment so you might wanna take a look at my write up http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html to get an idea of what's involved and what parts you'll need.

Back