• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where is the 7.4 amp TCU Fuse?!????

dwebb944t

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,
I am troubleshooting my AW4 shifting problems, and I cannot find the 7.5 AMP fuse for the tranny or TCU, I have found and checked the 10 AMP fuse on the fuse block under the hood. There is no 7.5 amp fuse on the fuse holder under the steering wheel, not even a place wire in for one. My Jeep is a 91. Can someone please help me out and tell me where this thing is? People are referring to an inline fuse before the TCU can't find that either, am I missing something, I have located the TCU and even unplugged it looking on the harness for the fuse, no dice...

Thanks,
Dan

My 88 fuse is on the lower RH corner of the fuse paned (on the LH firewall) marked as: TRANS

IIRC there was also one close to the TCU (up under the lower dash trim) but I may be mistaken/might be for another circuit...

HTH

Dan, I also have a ’91. I have checked for the 7.5 amp in line fuse multiple times and can’t find it. I even when so far as to disassemble my dash and trace wires from the firewall. I’m guessing that in our year model the 10 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box labeled Auto Trans replaced the in line fuse.

That is what I was thinking. My only problem is my TCU is acting up and the 10 amp fuse is good, I guess I have an intermitant TCU.
Thanks,
Dan

Back