• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

backspacing questions

efilnikufecin

NAXJA Forum User
just bought a set of 31x13.50 swamper sx's for my cherokee ,used.they came on 15x10's i want to go with 15x8.just wondering what backspacing should i run?i'm running a 4.5" rubicon lift and soon to have 3/4" spacers installed on front to level it out.they stick out 4" with the 10's looks a little goofy ,not to mention they'll rub like a bitch.thanks guys.

I'll add my name to the list of looking for advice and add my .02

I have rusty's 3" lift and am running 31x10.50 BFG AT's on 15x8 rockcrawlers with @ 4" of backspacing. I am also running a RE adjustable track bar.

The only time the tires rub on the front flares for me is when I am going in reverse and turn the wheel towards a full extension, I had the same rubbing when running 30x9.50's, but it's obviously worse with the 31's.

Farley said:
I'll add my name to the list of looking for advice and add my .02

I have rusty's 3" lift and am running 31x10.50 BFG AT's on 15x8 rockcrawlers with @ 4" of backspacing. I am also running a RE adjustable track bar.

The only time the tires rub on the front flares for me is when I am going in reverse and turn the wheel towards a full extension, I had the same rubbing when running 30x9.50's, but it's obviously worse with the 31's.

I just checked and I do have 4.5" of backspacing. :D

i ended up getting some pro comp 15x8 "589"'s with 3.25 backspacing.this should bring the tires in about 1.25" which should be ok,i hope ,thanks for the replys.that's the only backspacing they have so i guess i'll work around it.i got 4 15x8's for 299.99 with free shipping.thanks again

My setup is different from most as I only hit some occasional mud. I have 33x12 SSR's off the wifes TJ and the rims are AR 767's 15x10 's with 3.5" BS. I got them for $330. My lift is about 4.75" and I cut the fenders and flares. I finally got the courage from veryone on here to do it and it was really easy. Don't know if this helps much but I love the look of mine. Now I have to cut the back so it looks a little better. Good Luck DuG

Back