• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

30 x 9.50 Geolander MT on a stocker?

PlainWhiteXJ

NAXJA Forum User
According to what I have read, a 30x9.50 rubs the control arms at full lock. I'm considering the Yokohoma Geolander MT, which have some pretty serious knobs on the shoulders. Anybody know how bad this size would rub, and if the tires would be likely to eat the arm? How hard is it to limit steering travel to eliminate the problem? If you do eliminate the rub at the control arms, what hits next?

I have stock 96 Cherokee, with factory tow pacakge.

I just put Bridgestone Dueler A/T's 30x9.5x15 on my stock 94 xj sport with no rubbing. Don't know how much more aggressive the geo's are than the duelers.

On my 88, I´ve got Yoko clones (Fulda) 30X9.50, measure 29.5 " inflated new. Rubbed the left front control arm a bit. Put a single washer spacer behind the jam nut on the steering stops (jam nut is welded to the bolt) both sides.
I have a new set of bump stops in the rear, at full compression, the tires catch a little of the wheel well liner in the rear, hasn´t really done any damage yet. Haven´t caught any of the liner or flare in the front yet, either luck or they clear under most conditions. I bounce my XJ around a bit on occasion. But it´s possible under just the right conditions, they might contact some fender pieces.

I'm Selling 2 30x9.50x15 Brigestone Duler M/T's and 2 Enforcer M/T's with about 500 miles on them and road hazzard warranty. I upgraded to bigger size after lift. They are perfect for stock XJ's who want aggresive traction. I payed over 500. You Take em for $300 bucks. Local only. PM me if your interested.

Back