• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I did it!

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
I removed the rear swaybar from my Jeep. I think this weekend I'm gonna do the budget disconnects for the front.

karstic said:
I removed the rear swaybar from my Jeep. I think this weekend I'm gonna do the budget disconnects for the front.

Right on!! Now here's a word of advice: if you ever get an itch to get some discos, don't settle for anything else then JKS. I made the mistake of getting RE's (they deal was extremely good) but now I keep kicking myself for doing so every single time I gotta deal with them!!
Btw, make sure to check your brakelines at full droop as they might be too short. With the rear on an AAL and no sway bar I had to get YJ brakeline and depending on years and droop when you disconnect the front you might have to do something about that as well.

Another thing: before you drill out for the pins, think about how you're going to be putting them in and pulling them out. I ended up drilling my first one at the "wrong" angle which made it "inconvenient" and I redid it for the other side. Sorry, but I don't remember which way was the inconvenient way, but if you grap a pin and stick your head underneath and think about pulling the pin out and putting it back in you will know what I mean. I made a mistake of pulling mine out without thinking about it on the vehicle, putting them in vise and doing my thinking there.

I checked for droop and brake line extension, plenty of length left. Although with almost 200K I'm thinking of replacing the original brake lines so I'll probably go with the YJ line in the rear.

As far as the disco's go I'm thinking of wingnuts and drilling the lower stud and link for hitch pins.

JKS disco's are what are wanted but I'd rather spend $100+ on something else right now.

Back