• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper Brackets

4Squirrels

NAXJA Forum User
What are some of the companies that make bumper brackets for the '97 up XJ? I'm looking to make a front bumper, and I don't want to rip the thing off the unibody (probably take the unibody with it) is I have a little trail oops. I've heard of one before, but I can't remember the name.

4Squirrels said:
What are some of the companies that make bumper brackets for the '97 up XJ? I'm looking to make a front bumper, and I don't want to rip the thing off the unibody (probably take the unibody with it) is I have a little trail oops. I've heard of one before, but I can't remember the name.

If you're planning to make a front bumper why not make brackets as well?? I did my own and I crossbraced them along the front crossmember (might tie them into the holes where the front skid hung to reinforce the crossmember... or not, not sure yet) but it cost me along with the bumper very little $$. I looked at the rigidco front piece and it looks HEAVY!!

If your making a front bumper I would start with the Rigidco. Front Bumper Mounting System. Order it unpainted and its even cheaper. That way you can design your mounts to run off them and spread the load. Rensing

Back