• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 60 swap mount question.

jmop

NAXJA Forum User
So when you put the axle in the front did you keep the LCA axle mounts the same distance apart? On a full width 78 ford 60 it looks like the mounts will need to be a little wider or the drivers side mount will have to be welded to the housing.

Also what did you do about the UCA mounts? I am thinking about building a bridge over the center section but it looks like it will have to be tied into the DS coil bucket mount witch looks like it too will have to be welded on to the housing.

I'm also very interested in this as well...

OK the issue looks like my LCA mounts on the axle are going to be 5-6 inches wider then they are on the D30. On my long arms the Upper mounts are 27" (inside to inside) appart but I will move to 29". Currently the Upper mount is inside the frame rail and I would like to keep it that way if possible.

The axle side LCA mounts are going to be ~35" (inside to inside). This equates to ~6" wider on the axle side then on the frame side. Does this sound like a problem to anybody?

I welded my driverside LCA mount to the housing using 'Super Missle Rod' [no I'm not making that up] and properly pre-heated/post heated and the such. 2 wheeling trips later i had ripped it off. I re-welded it, and ripped it off again. :yelclap: At this point I decided to go with leafs in the front and say :wave1: to coils. Now I'm not saying that swapping to leafs is right for you, because I know plenty of people running full widths w/ factory style 5 link front, only that leafs are much more reliable and easier to manage.

In case you're wondering I run 38.5x14.5 SXs on full width 60f/hd70 rear, 5.13 gears, detroits, and drive flanges, NP231 with 32 spline tera conversion, 1350 CV'd shaft, ax-15, and a healthy I-6.

HTH

Sorry, didn't see that you were running long arms. As long as the uca ties to the lca, so that the arm only attaches at the unibody at one spot, then i don't see any problems in the extra width between the mounts on the axle. You will lose a small amount of flex [big deal] and will gain some stability.

Last edited:
Back