• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas Tank and Skid Plate

prljeep

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have problems removing the three rear bolts of the gas tank skid plate? I had to cut mine off. If so, how did you all fix the problem?

Anyone have a problem with their gas tank rusting out on the frame rail side, directly below where the gas goes in? It looks like I had road salt and grime build up in that area and cause a leak. Can I cover my new or repaired tank bedliner or rubberized undercoating?

Thanks!

Ahhh, the advantages of using anti-seize... After you get it all apart reassemble with anti-seize, clean the whole area up with a grinder/sander/growler, reprime it and repaint it then undercoat it. You could find an old innertube and cut it up to act as a gasket between the skid and the frame, thats what we did with the YJ as needed, quiets things down some and acts as a barrier between the steels so that you don't get any rust again..

Back