• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another lift question

Loren

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '89 and is somewhere between a 4" and a 6". It started out as a 4" Trailmaster lift. I couldn't keep the backend from sagging so I had a custom spring pack made by National Spring in CA. To help support the extra gear, I added a Rubicon extended shackle. I am running 31" Super Swamper SR's and had front fender clearance problems after I installed the Warn front hub kit. The kit moves the front wheels out 1/2 inch. To help with the clearance problem, I added a 2" coil spacer in the front and a 1 3/4" block in the rear. I haven't measured it since I installed the Trail Ready front bumper and 9500hs winch. I do not have a SYE installed yet as the Jeep is pretty much a "Trailer Queen". It has had to run home on it's own if someone else breaks and I haul their Jeep home. Usually it only sees road travel to and from the trail. The T-case is a 231. I got rid of the 242 so that I could install a SYE. Now I see that a good HD SYE is offered for the 242. I have looked at the Rubicon, Tera Flex, Full Traction, and Skyjacker. As much as I don't like Skyjacker, I like the sub-frame assembly that they offer. I would change the Skyjacker ends for the Currie Jonny Joints. I have already tore the stock trailing arm mount partially off the uni-body frame and had to weld it back on. I want something to distribute the force more that some of the other mounts that I have seen. I was going to check if Fabtech had anything. My son installed a Skyjacker 8" on a TJ and had no problem with the install or anything since. Each manufacturer has their problems, it so far seems that Skyjacker has fewer problems that the rest. I would like to run Super Swamper SSR's 33x12.50 and not hit my fenders. I'm not sure what width rim I can use without having clearance problems. I guess what I'm leaning to is the Skyjacker 8". Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

I'm running 4.5 inches of lift and 32x11.50's and mine stuff excellent except for it just BARELY touches the very front of the flair at full stuff. I'm running 15x8 Black Rockcrawlers w/3.75 inch backspacing. With those you should be able to run 33's with 6 inches of lift. Mine do not rub anywhere.

Picture_427.jpg

My clearance problem started in the front with the addition of the Warn hubs that moved my tires out 1/2". The tires don't go inside the fender on full stuff.

Back