• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear hatch replacement?

Judd W. VA

NAXJA Forum User
I seem to have done damage to the rear hatch latch assy on my '98 XJ one night when trying to close it while the suspension was really twisted. Seems the chassis was tweaked causing the hatch to not line up well with the door and when closing hit the black plastic guides located in the latch breaking them. Now the door bangs when hitting any sort of a bump. Very anoying. Amazing how cheaply that latch assy seems to be.

Has anyone run across this before? I assume the latch assy in the floor needs to be replaced as the plastic guides are not available separately? Also with the hitch and tank skid blocking access will not be the easiest R & R? Per chance anyone have the P/N for this latch?

Thanks for any help-

I have two replacment latches (out of salvage XJs) a '98 power and a '99 non-power. $30 for the '98 and $25 for the '99. PM me if you're interested.

-Craig P.

Back