• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 manifold gasket

jkmhb

NAXJA Forum User
I cannot find the fel-pro part # for the intake/exhaust manifold gasket for a 1999 4.0L. The parts list for 1991-1998 shows a MS94790.

I know the head for a 1999 4.0 is basically the same - is there any reason a different manifold gasket would be needed?

Thanks.

Just call your dealer and find out the price. It may be less than you expect and in-line with the fel-pro gasket you talk about. There may be a technical reason why there is not an aftermarket version of the gasket available. IF I ever find myself in your positon my plan is to get that gasket at the dealer for my 88 XJ.

My cousin recommend to install new hardware (bolts) when you remove the exhaust manifold. He also recommends to get them at the dealer. He had too much trouble reusing old heat cycled hardware. I'd think they'd offer a complete set of bolts for the intake and exhaust manifolds since you have to pull both to change the gasket.

Back