• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 4.5 lift for everyday?

MCD

NAXJA Forum User
i want to get a 4.5 lift and rusty's seems to be the best and most complete. are there any other kits im overlooking? ill be getting the add a leaf and shackles.

I originally had Rancho 3 inch, but have since replaced almost everything with Rustys. Several of my buddies have his 4.5 inch and like 'em. I would definatly recomend 4.5 over 3. If you went with 3, you'd wish you had gotten 4.5.

Jeff

Also, make sure to get full length add-a-leafs.

MCD said:
i want to get a 4.5 lift and rusty's seems to be the best and most complete. are there any other kits im overlooking? ill be getting the add a leaf and shackles.

I have a set of Rubicon Express AALs and I hate them. I dont think its that thier product sucks, I just think that the whole leaf pack is the way to go. And you will too after a few trips to the trail.

Running the 4.5" and 32" BFD AT's on mine. 16.5 mpg or so (down hill with the wind, etc.) driving about 55 miles one way to work (110 mile round trip for the math impaired like me) and the only issue I have had in the year and a half its been on is the alignment gets whacked easier in the potholes. Mostly due to the larger tires, not the lift.
Bottom line.....Love it! They also had great support when I called and asked loads of questions about the parts and the install.

Back