• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door removal

bheit4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I really want to remove my doors this summer but have heard that removing the doors increase body flex and they will never work the same once you've wheeled with them off.
is this true and does anyone know where
i could get a set of tube doors for a 4 door ( besides carolina rock shop)
thanks for any info you have

you could try to fab some of your own... i;m sure someone has some pix of that somewhere on the forum. tube doors look pretty buff!

brandon

bheit4x4 said:
I really want to remove my doors this summer but have heard that removing the doors increase body flex and they will never work the same once you've wheeled with them off.
increased Flexing.
I put that under the heading of urban legend...maybe .1% more
I'm running doorless, Ive had no problems with door fitment.
I can't close the doors when fully flexed, but couldn't before I took the doors off either.
It may have something to do with the 3 square feet of rusted passenger floorboard.

Brian if you do I`ll do it, than if we both get screwed over maybe it wont be as bad? How are those doors after Beasley anyways? :roflmao:

Removing the doors will also give you Death Wobble (DW) due to increased forces being removed from the stress bearing doors and transferring them to your suspension...you'll need tube doors, rock rails, a roll cage or unimog axles.... if you do a search for "removing doors" or "door removal" you might find some more info...

Gil "Your Welcome" Bullycatz

bheit4x4 said:

there's a search function, use it. it's being discussed once a week or so.

it's not really the doors, it's the rear hatch. if you remove that, your jeep will be more prone to roll-overs.

dennisuello said:
there's a search function, use it. it's being discussed once a week or so.

it's not really the doors, it's the rear hatch. if you remove that, your jeep will be more prone to roll-overs.
the vent windows should never be removed...
I layed my first xj over in the snow the same day I removed the driver side vent window. It landed on the driver side coincidence I think not

Back