• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebrake Help??

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
For some reason my ebrake has become hard to pull. I used to slide right up can click into the lock. But now I have to really pull on it to get it to move. I dont think its sticking because I dont fell a drag when I drive. Any ideas, or what should I look for?

Thanks
Chris

crawl underneath and pull on the lines where it splits to the back wheels, make sure its got a bit of movement and isnt so tight its like a guitar string-
Sometimes the wires get frazzled/rusted inside the slider houseing-wd40 and time will kill it.

but if the houseing is filled with rust(gunk), he needs to spray something in there to loosen it-brute force wont do the job, but it will shear a cable inside the drum.

I`d rather have a cable houseing full of wd40(insert your fav. here) than a houseing that didnt work an was rusted in place.

Ed in North Ga. said:
but if the houseing is filled with rust(gunk), he needs to spray something in there to loosen it-brute force wont do the job, but it will shear a cable inside the drum.

I`d rather have a cable houseing full of wd40(insert your fav. here) than a houseing that didnt work an was rusted in place.

WD40 is water-based. In the long run, it will do more harm than good. I think you American kids have some other brands that do the same, without the problems associated with water-based products, but I do not recall the name.

If you use WD40, then after a few days, you'd better spray some lubricant or rust inhibitor in there.

No expert, I live in Greece where rust is not a problem, just some thoughts.

Rgds
----------
John SV1CEC

Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster, Kroil, any penetrating rust-buster type lube would be okay.

WD-40 ... the WD stands for "Wire Dry." It was developed to displace moisture in ignition systems, not primarily as a penetrant or lubricant.

Close...

Water Displacement/40th attempt. :cheers:

and no, it dosent contain water, but it is organic in nature, with some extra badness thrown in by chemists. It will penetrate, and it will lubercate-for a time. I prefer PB Blaster as a loosener, but Wd has worked for me for years as well, its just slower...much, much slower.

what the general point of this whole mess was, is if he has a rusted line/s in the rear holding the ebrake-and if so, he needs "something" in there.
Choose yer poison-they all work. Anythings better than rust.

Back