• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody got some OEM leaf shackles?

SeanP

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered the 6" leafpack from bigoffroad.com. I need some OEM shackles if anybody has some laying around.

thanks

SeanP

I probably have some lying about someplace. Why do you want stock shackles? Won't they limit the flex of the new springs?

Jes

John at BOR recommended using the OEMs for a while to break in the new springs and get them to settle to about 6-6.5" loaded. Then I will use my lift shackes that I have on my 1492RE springs, which should put me about 7.5-7.75, where I want to be.

If ya got em, let me know.

SeanP

Got 'em. They're a little ugly and the bushings don't look too good but they should be okay for break-in purposes.

Jes

what u doing with ur old leaf pack? and what was it?

kent

Old leaf pack is RE1462 and first $80 takes it. Riley said something about wanting them, but he might have bought another lift from someone else.

lemme know

SeanP

Are you talking the bigoffroad leaf pack or the RE leaf pack? BOR was 369 and I think I paid $240 for the RE last summer.

SeanP

Yeah I still want them, I have bought some others but I think I may build a set or do something with them. When you get them off let me know. I will come get them and the cherry picker at the same time.

Good choice in Leaf packs. I have the 1462 4.5 RE leafs and mine are alreadly saging. Has anyone put extra stock leaf packs or AAL to gain more lift on the existing RE 4.5 leafs?

I have some you can have. you can pick them up here: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?zoom=4&mapdata=xU4YXdELrnC799kWARCSJPiqA3ET1httRGe7g%2byictveKiKbRIhTSOrGuxZ8Hx0MeWWFdFW03nsV857nVzZH7zkAxQ8nA7%2f%2f9poLxiR0YB2WD%2fu45Ut5vb0RcF07jvBW%2fXDCozLfAX%2fMbxLdVc%2feUccWZFdWrV4B%2fcBdE3eB2NrNnQy96PGtj%2bh9uKIyyu7QS9NCmq9CemqJ0GZMqFx5xCInY6Y%2bFlQINJCN%2f9Chmn2wWRHIy%2fWvLMY%2fLZcgJs67EiGVfUiP2MP%2bCOR%2b34RMCdaAYQK57KvYYrnxdEmFgsloH2OPyOHRBwtJbKUY%2f179v3GGbztI7xRcuhMnei8x3N4o2V6ACyJTqHRhk3NRBFXyJqr%2bB9GEMrE6vWDARp7Z3lZ6yVxOKkY%3d

Email me at [email protected] or call in the evenings 530.268.3445

Brett

Sean, That is cool just let me know when to get you the money. I have a 6" pack coming that is from Tomken buti may try what Bruce was taking about and adding in an AAL or something to get more lift :lol: I am really shooting for about 8" for the 35's. I get my rims today for it also so I am pretty excited.

Sorry, bkchang, I was talking about an OEM shackle for SeanP not leaves. And no, I don't think stock leaves will help much if at all because they are nearly flat. Try MJ, Dakota or S-10 leaves, or any 2.5" leaf with lot's of arch for that matter.

Back